The Laughing House

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Which Turtle Are You?



Yesterday morning I went for a walk beside a creek that runs through a nearby neighborhood. I noticed several turtles near a current that was forming close to a bridge. I steadied my gaze upon the scene and observed something that pricked my heart.

Sitting in the middle of the creek, on top of a rather large white rock was a single turtle. He was so high up on the rock that his feet couldn't touch the water. In the creek below him were four or five turtles swimming fretfully in the middle of the rushing current, filthy water, and pieces of trash floating near their bobbing heads.

I stopped to watch the scene and tried to take a picture. It was the perfect reflection of life. Sometimes all the pressure, busyness, trash, pain, and desires of this world swirl around us. Like little turtles we get caught up in the current of the world and are surrounded by the filth. Our little heads are barely bobbing above water just trying to stay afloat.

As Christians, we have the opportunity to rise above the things in life that pull us down, tempt and distract us. We can climb upon the rock of Jesus, dangle our feet, and rest. When we do, we are still in the river of life but we see things from a totally different perspective. We have peace from the current, freedom from the filth, and joy just relaxing in the sunshine knowing the rock is holding us steady!

Choose today to live on the rock! Rest in His arms and see life from His perspective!

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home