The Laughing House

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Lessons Learned from the Book of Daniel
1. When we face a fire...
A. God delivers us from it which BUILDS our faith.
B. God delivers us through it which REFINES our faith.
C. God delivers us by the fire and takes us on home which PERFECTS our faith.
From It = Builds Faith
Through It = Refines Faith
By It = Perfects Faith
2. RESOLVE what we are going to do and believe NOW so when we are tempted or tested we stand strong.
Daniel resolved to love and serve God ONLY.
Daniel worked hard.
There was no corruption found in Daniel.
Daniel led his buddies to God.
Daniel didn't choose to lavish in the luxuries of the king. He chose godly discipline.
3. When in the lion's den...
A. We can PANIC.
B. We can become PARALYZED.
C. We can PRAY!
Pray in EVERYTHING so my reactions will be from Him not me! Phil 4:6-7
4. Godly discipline is PROFITABLE in ALL things!
5. God has control of ALL of this world. Empires, kingdoms, rulers, and simple hearts like Shad, Meshach, Abed and mine.
6. Sometimes God steps people down so others can STEP UP.
7. Set your mind on things ABOVE not on the things of this world.
8. Our greatest purpose in life is to Glorify God!
9. Satan offers FALSE FULFILLMENTS. The only true fulfillment comes from Christ.
10. Our world today is like Babylon! We have all the luxuries and anything we could possibly want. Our motto is "I want it all and I deserve it." The same as Babylon, "I am and there is no one besides me." Am I a Babylonian girl living in a Babylonian world? or Am I Daniel?

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Nov 20, 08:46:00 AM 2006 , Blogger Natalie said...

    Hey,
    I had to remove your post from my blog. It had a word that we can't use in it. Sorry! I will answer your question in person...we aren't allowed to say the "M" word in Turkey.
    Natalie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home