The Laughing House

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Get 'Er Done

You wanna get 'er done... you gotta write 'er down!
I'll never forget the day I first put this little tip into practice. Honestly, I thought it wouldn't work, but being the procrastinator that I am trying to juggle quiet a few things on my plate, I gave it a try. It works & it's easy! If you have never done it, you HAVE to try it!

1. Purchase a small spiral.
2. Before going to sleep, make a list of the things you want to accomplish the next day.
This helps clear your mind while sleeping.
Keep the list by your bed. If you wake up in the night, write it down quickly. You won't
stay awake mulling it over in your mind.
The simple list will get you moving in the morning.
Write down a couple of easy things that you can mark off quickly. It makes you feel good!
3. Read the list when you wake up.
4. Mark things off the list as you complete them throughout the day.

Just for fun, try an experiment. One day don't make a list and just go about your day. The following day, make the list and "check it twice." Compare the 2 and see which day is more productive. If I'm wrong, you gotta write and tell me! If I'm right, you will accomplish more in a day than you ever thought you could!