The Laughing House

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Modeling Multiplication

Someone recently shared this life goal with me...
Model what you want to multiply!
I kept thinking, if I could only multiply 3 things, what would they be?
Would it be self-discipline?
Imagine if every person in the world were self-disciplined! We would all be thin, speak only kind words, rich because we would be disciplined in our spending and saving, growing in our relationship with Jesus because we would discipline ourselves to spend time with him & in his word, and successful because we would discipline ourselves at work.
Would it be love?
Imagine if every person in the world showed love 24/7! Would there be wars, divorce, murder, grudges, bitterness? We would all get along, take turns on the road, let others go 1st in lines, love our spouses and the people that annoy us.
Would it be kindness?
Imagine if every person in the world was kind! How would sporting events, family relationships, classrooms, and neighborhoods be different? We would consistently give, share, help, and encourage each other.
The list could go on & on, but no matter what 3 things I choose, whether I like it or not...
I am modeling every moment & it is being mutiplied by the day!
Recently my kids were in a "heated discussion." Each comment was seething with sarcasm. I asked myself, "Where is this coming from? School? Friends? Teachers?"
Then that sweet, still voice whispered, "You are multiplying what you are modeling!" (OUCH!)
I never won prizes for Math in school, but 1 prize I want to win is for Model Multiplaction.
When I leave this earth & meet my Maker, I want to hear him say, "Well done good & faithful servant. You may have to multiply with your fingers & toes, but you multiplied all that I modeled for you with your whole life!"