The Laughing House

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Venture Into a Private World

I heard this quote today & it is AWESOME!
It is a promise to live by.
"When my kids invite me into their private world... I ALWAYS go!"
What if every time Nicole asked me to do Karaoke with her, I dropped everything & sang my heart out?
What if every time Tori texted me, I stopped everything & texted until she finished the conversation?
What if every time Michael asked me to play catch, I put everything aside & threw that ball until my arm gave out?
Our kids don't ask us often to join their world, so when they do...we have to
TAKE NOTE & TAKE ACTION!
(even if it means me turning off the computer, hanging up the phone, closing a book, turning off the TV, or listening endlessly to stories about boys)
"Teach us to number our days ( our moments with our kiddos) so that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12