The Laughing House

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trust His Heart

"God is always preparing us, even when we don't know it."

My Papa died in the Fall. I was taking a class in Women's Ministry at the time & a month before he died my professor had walked our class through the stages of life. My teacher very clearly explained the final months of life. It was so amazing because I could see what stage my grandfather was in & as he moved into the very last days of his life, I understood what was happening. My professor, unbeknownst to her, had prepared me for what was ahead.

Sometimes in life things happen & we have know idea why. Maybe our attitude towards something changes, we develop a new passion, we withdraw from a person, or we have new ideas. Maybe we loose a job, land a big account, wreck a car, or loose someone we love. Life is always changing. Even though we don't understand why, sometimes God is preparing us for what is ahead.

God is too wise to be mistaken.

God is too good to be unkind.

When we don't understand.

When we can't see His plan.

When we can't trace His hand.

Trust His heart!

(The other thing I learned when my grandfather died is that grief comes in waves. You'll be laughing & talking, and a thought, memory, or smell, will hit you, & the tears will fall. It's okay. Ride the waves.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home