The Laughing House

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Scater or Spater?

Tonight I got the incredible opportunity to be with a wonderful group of women in Tomball! They were so alert, full of enthusiasm, and attentive! It was GREAT!
We talked about how to find peace in this crazy world. (Phil 4:6-7)
First...DO NOT! Just like the Bible says "Do not kill or steal"...it also says, Do not worry!
We would never think of killing or robbery, so why WORRY?
How do we not worry?
We SPAT!
Stop - When we start to worry, we tell ourselves to STOP! Then we TAKE & MAKE...take every thought captive & make it obedient to Christ. When a wrong thought comes to mind, throw it out of your thoughts & replace it with scripture. Like, "Trust in God with all your heart. Don't lean on what you know. Acknowledge Him in everything you do and He will straighten things out."

Pray - Tell God everything - our fears, pain, doubts, desires! He is big enough to handle it!

Add Thanksgiving - Count our blessings! Thank God for everything we can think of!
Practice being thankful at the grocery store, to our spouse or children, at work! Try to say "Thank You" 7 times each day!

The cool part about SPATing is the promise. God says when we SPAT, His peace will guard our heart and minds. Just like when someone says something bad about our children, we immediately go into protection mode. We will fight for our babies! (even if they're 15)
God's peace does the same for us. When we worry, His peace protects our hearts & minds!

Some of us are SCATers not SPATers! Instead of SPATTING, we STAC!
What's STAC?
Start - We start worrying the minute anything happens!
Talk - Instead of taking it to God, we take it to EVERYONE else.
Add Complaints - We gripe, complain & blame others for what is happening!

The goal is to...SPAT!

(In Matthew 6 Jesus says not to worry about our life, food, or clothes. He feeds the birds & clothes the flowers. He will do so much more for us! I was thinking about not worrying about my clothes, because I was trying to decide what to wear tonight. I decided on my black slacks because I had to clip the mic. pack on the back of my pants. The last time I wore an elastic waist skirt & had to wear a mic pack, my skirt slid down, and well...let's just say, the moon was bright that night! When I went to get my slacks out of the closet this evening, they were no where to be found! I decided not to worry. I tried a little SPATing & resolved to wear my black skirt & it does have an elastic waist. By God's mercy & grace, there was no full moon tonight & I learned a small lesson on God's provision when it comes to clothes & got a little SPAT practice in!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home