The Laughing House

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Callous Cure

Have you ever had a callous?
A callous has formed on the edge of my pointer finger. When I touch it, it feels rough. If I push on it, it hurts.

Last year I cut my finger on a board. A tiny splinter from the board lodged in my skin. I didn't want to pull it out because it HURT! So...I left it there. As a result, the skin began to heal. To cover up the painful invader, my finger slowly formed extra layers of skin. As each layer formed, one on top of the other, a hard callous developed. I want to go to the doctor & ask him to cut open my finger & remove the splinter. I know it's going to hurt & take time to heal, but it would be worth it.

Isn't this what happens when we get hurt in life? Some small pain gets lodged into our minds & hearts. Instead of immediately getting it out, we leave it there & try to cover it up. The more we try to cover it up, the more hard & callous we become. People brush up against us and we seem rough or maybe it hurts. We really want to get rid of it because we know it would be worth it. We just don't want to take the time or endure the pain.

Take time this week to visit the almighty healer. Let him remove the painful invader & help you begin to forgive the person who hurt you.

Forgiveness isn't a feeling. It isn't forgetting, nor excusing!

Forgiveness is releasing someone from liability or punishment for what was done wrong!

When we forgive, God can remove the splinter.

After forgiving the person, make these promises to God.
1. I won't dwell on what happened.
2. I will not bring it up & use it against the person who hurt me.
3. I won't talk to others about it.
4. I won't let it hinder my relationship w/ the person who hurt me.

"If you forgive others for their sins, your heavenly Father will also forgive you." Matt. 6:14

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home