The Laughing House

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Are You Climbing?

Over the years our girls have watched Barney, The Little Mermaid, Lizzie McGuire, Kim Possible, Raven, and now... Hannah Montanna. They have also moved through years of music beginning with nursery rhymes and pat-a-cake to Kidz Bop then Disney Mania next the Backstreet Boys & NSync & now ... Hannah Montanna. Although my husband and I are not super fans of the voice of Hannah or Miley, I heard one of her songs today that describes how many of us feel. It's called, "The Climb."

I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming
but there's a voice inside my head sayin, "You'll never reach it."
Every step I'm taking,
Every move I make feels lost with no direction
My faith is shaking but I got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you're going to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
The struggles I'm facing,
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes they knock me down but
No I'm not breaking
The pain I'm knowing
But these are the moments that I'm going to remember most
Just got to keep going
And I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on,
It's all about the climb Keep the faith Keep your faith

Most of us have a dream. It seems, though, there is always that voice inside our heads saying "It's impossible." Maybe it's a dream to find a mate or have a certain job. It could be living debt free or saving a relationship with a child. Others may dream of healing, peace in their home, or starting a business. Whatever the dream, there are always mountains that seem to knock us down. Sometimes we fail. Failing is when we learn the most. People, though, who live their dreams are the ones who keep climbing. They get back up and keep going strong. They don't care how long it may take to get there or the monetary rewards. They recognize that life is not about achieving the dream, but life is about every step that was taken to accomplish it. The joys and the pain. The ups and the downs. The memories. The climb.

Write your dream on a piece of paper, date it & post it where you can see it.
If you have a friend you trust, share it.
Commit to CLIMB (taking 1 small step daily) towards your dream no matter the cost,
enjoying and savoring every step of the way.

"I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but 1 thing I do: forget what lies behind and reach forward to what lies ahead." Phil. 3:13


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home