The Laughing House

Saturday, March 28, 2009

What Are the Things You Love?

I absolutely love the time I spend running!
You are outside...in whatever weather... sometimes sun, rain, clouds, or heat...
You can hear everything...the birds...the wind...people talking...dogs barking...
You get all of your emotions out...if you're angry...if you're sad...if you're feelin' good...
You think...about your family...your life...your friends...your future...your dreams...God
You have time to yourself...no pressure...no demands...nobody needs anything...
You savor quiet...no phone...no TV... no music...

This morning I took a run and saw the sun come up, the stars disappear, sky turn from black to gorgeous bright blue, heard the birds wake up, saw a couple kiss and say good-bye, watched squirrels playfully chase each other, heard the wind gently howling, saw the trees swaying in the breeze, and purple, pink, yellow, and red flowers blooming beautifully. I absolutely love to run!

I wondered as I ran, does God think to himself, "I absolutely love the time I spend with you."
In whatever weather...
When you hear everything I say...
When you get out all of your emotions ..
When you take time to share with me what you think...
When we have time together...
When we savor the quiet.

He might say, " This morning I saw when the sun came up, the stars disappeared, the sky turned from black to gorgeous bright blue, heard you wake up, saw you kiss your family good morning, watched you playfully go through your day, heard you when you were "howling," and saw you swaying through the ups and downs of life, and I watched you blooming into the person I intended for you to be. I absolutely love you."

"For God so loved the world..." John 3:16a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home