The Laughing House

Monday, March 23, 2009

Help! I Think My Kids Are Crippled

"When I do for my child what he can do for himself, I am crippling him!"
OUCH! That statement socks you right in the gut!
So I asked myself, "What can my kids do for themselves?" (that I might tend to do for them)
  • set alarm clocks
  • wake themselves up
  • make beds
  • clean rooms
  • do homework
  • do chores
  • make dinner
  • vacuum
  • clean bathrooms
  • etc, etc, etc

PLAN for De-Crippling

If you turn it on, turn it off.

If you get it out, put it back.

If you borrow it, return it.

If you drop it, pick it up.

If you loose it, find it.

If you break it, fix it.

If you're hungry, make it.

If you messed it up, straighten it.

If you can holler "MOM," stop it! HEE!

(All these thoughts & ideas courtesy of "Effective Parenting in a Deffective World!" It's a MUST!)

"He who loves his children is careful to discipline him." Proverbs 13:24b

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home