The Laughing House

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saving Private Ryan & Saving Me

TNT is hosting Saving Private Ryan this month. If you haven't watched it in awhile, check it out.

The last scene of the movie is Private Ryan standing in the military cemetery at the cross marker of his general who died in combat saving Ryan's life. Ryan kneels before the cross and whispers to the man who died for him, "I hope my life was good enough." Ryan wanted more than anything to live his life in honor of the man who died for him.

All I could think was...one day at the end of my life, I will stand before the man who died for me. The man who gave His life so that I can live. What will I say? If I say, "I hope my life was good enough," that would be the wrong answer. My life can never be good enough to deserve a life of eternity with the one who died for me. I think that maybe, as I kneel before Him, I will simply say, "Thank you," and hope in my heart that the life I lived was pleasing to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home