The Laughing House

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Ricardo & Rueben

While jogging yesterday, Lara & I saw 2 young men working at a house. The Holy Spirit gave us a little nudge to stop & ask them about eternity.
After a little "small talk," we asked, "If you died tomorrow, where do you think you would spend eternity?"
His answer..."Down there. Yeah, probably the bad place."
We talked to him about his other option, but in the end, his final answer was,
"I like my life & doing what I do. If I die tomorrow I guess I'll just go there."
Lara & I were stunned. He was okay knowing that he was going to spend an eternity in hell.

2 thoughts...
1. If you died tomorrow, where would you spend eternity?
2. Every day I pass by hundreds of people...waiting at red lights, in the store, at school, in my neighborhood, at church. How many of those will spend forever in heaven?
3. Do I really care?

Our pastor preached a sermon several weeks ago on "Passing By." Jesus was always "passing by" someone. Each time he stopped to listen, to share, to heal, to have compassion, to feed, to help one person or thousands!

Today, notice the people "passing by?"
Let's offer a smile, an encouraging word, a $, a helping hand, a listening ear, a patient temper, or the way to heaven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home