The Laughing House

Friday, April 10, 2009

Wanna Piece of FAITH?

This morning I read the story of David and Goliath. The Israelite army stood face to face with a 9 foot tall man, Goliath, (eat your heart out, Yao Ming) for 40 days. Every morning & evening, the giant begged for 1 man to "bring it on." There were thousands of Israelite men who could have answered the call, but they didn't. What made a little shepherd boy fearless and brave enough to take on a giant?

The answer would have to be FAITH!

David had so much faith in God's protection, strength, and power that he was willing to take on a man who could destroy his life in 1 small blow.

How did David get FAITH like that? David spent years in the fields tending the sheep, but most importantly, tending his relationship with God. David spent hours playing the harp and singing praises to God. God and David fought lions and bears together. David & God had rescued sheep on many occasions. David knew God would deliver, because he and God had faced & concurred giants together.

I want FAITH like David's. I want to be the one who believes my God enough to stand up in the face of a giant & allow God to use me to display His awesome power. To have faith like that, though, I have to tend my relationship with God (daily, hourly, secondly...okay, every second) & fight a few lions and bears. Honestly, there haven't been too many lions or bears in my life. Am I willing to say, "God, with you, I'll face the lions & bears...because once we conquer the small things together, maybe Goliath won't seem so big?"

"If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain,
'Move from here to there,' and it will move; nothing will be impossible to you."
Matt. 17:20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home