The Laughing House

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Teach Us a Lesson Garth

Do we live with the end in mind?
Remember the old Garth Brooks song...
If tomorrow never comes...will she know how much I loved her?
Did I try in every way to show her everday that she's my only one?

There are 2 questions to answer, if tomorrow never comes...
1. What will people know because of how I lived?
Will they know they are beautiful, loved, & created with a purpose?
Will they know God loves them & is the answer to all of life's questions?
Will they know laughter is the best medicine & it is more blessed to give than to receive?
Will they know the reward in failing at something you've always wanted to try?
Will they know where I am when I'm gone?

2. In the time I lived, did I fulfill my purpose?
People often say, "I don't know what my purpose is."
It's simple.
First, love God.
Second, love others.
When loving others, answer these 2 questions.
1. Where am I?
2. Who am I with?

Wherever you are & whoever you are with...that is your purpose!

If you are married, love your spouse.
If you are a parent, love your children.
If you are a coach, love your team.
If you are a professional, love your co-workers.
If you are a friend, love your friends.
If you are a son/daughter, love your parents.
If you are with a stranger, love him.

Trust that God has put you where you are to love Him & love them!
Wouldn't it be great if someone wrote about us what is written about King David in Acts 13:36?
(Put your name in the blank where David's name was orginally written.)

For when __________________ had served God's purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep.
If tomorrow never comes, let it be said of us, "They served God's purpose in this generation."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home