The Laughing House

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Remember & Notice

Thankfulness doesn't always come easy!
A friend told me tonight that her goal for the week was to remember all that God has done in her life. This was a habit for the Israelites in the Old Testament. They took time to remember leaving Egypt, crossing the Red Sea, the manna God sent from heaven to feed them, and so much more.
How about us? Do we have a list of things we have clearly seen God do in our lives?

Henry Blackaby says in Experiencing God that God is always at work around us. We just have to look where He is working & join Him.
My problem is I get so busy that I miss seeing Him. I pass by so quickly that I don't notice Him making the plants grow or the way my children were kind to each other. I ignore the nice breeze and the laughter of the people I love most. I am so enthralled with the computer or the TV, that I miss conversations with my family or helping a friend who was in need.

This week I'm joining my friend & setting a goal to remember & notice!
I'm making a list of all the things I remember God has done
&
noticing what He is doing today.
I can't help but think, sowing a small seed of remembering & noticing, will reap a garden of thankfulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home