The Laughing House

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

We Never Know

The past several years God has taught me a valuable lesson through 3 experiences. 
We never know how long we will be in a place or have an influence.

The past several years, I served as the girls minister at our church. I thought I would be doing that job for a long time because I absolutely loved it.  Little did I know, God had other plans for me. An opportunity came for me to not only serve 300 girls but to care for and lead 1300 children. I knew that was where God was calling me. When serving as the girls minister, though, I had no idea that my time with each of the girls would be so brief. The chance I had to influence was cut short and the opportunity to point teenagers to Jesus ended.

The past several years, I also had the opportunity to care for a very special young man. The plan was for him to be part of our lives for 3 years until it was time to go to college. Little did I know, the plan would change and the opportunity to love and lead would be stripped from my heart.

Around Christmas I had the chance to lead a group of girls in Bible study. I knew for sure we would meet through the entire school year and hopefully into summer. Circumstances changed and stuff got in the way and the study ended.

As I look back at each situation I realize that in the middle of each experience I had no idea what was around the corner. I didn't know how brief my time would be or how short the opportunity to make a difference.

What I learned is I have to invest in every moment. Each person, each experience, each opportunity, each relationship, each minute given must be invested wisely because you never know when the person will leave, the experience will end, the opportunity will change, or the relationship will fade. 

People and opportunities come and go and for how long we are not to know.
But the influence that is made in the time generously given.
Is a precious, valuable gift sent from heaven.
So given 110 to every life, person, and friend.
Leave an impact before it ends.
Point, love, and lead each one the right way.
Because you never know when it all fades away.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home