The Laughing House

Monday, July 06, 2009

What Would I Rather?

Have you played "Would You Rather?"
My kids started playing this summer. You ask each other questions about what you would rather have or do. The object is to think of the grossest or most challenging question.
Here are some examples from the Chase kids.

Would you rather have no teeth or no tongue?
Would you rather chew on a homeless persons toenails or lick their armpit?
Would you rather drown or get shot?
Would you rather have no arms or no legs?
Would you rather have 1 uncuttable hair growing on your chin or out of your nose?
Would you rather kiss a monkey or a hippo for 2 1/2 hours ?

As we played this game, I thought about life. Life is so full of choices.
Would I rather work 80 hours per week or make less money and have time with my family?
Would I rather say something kind to my husband or be a nag?
Would I rather spend my time watching TV or with the people I love?
Would I rather live my life honoring God or for the world?
Would I rather discipline my kids even though it's hard or let them do what they want and suffer for it later?
What would I rather do?

I get one life, one today, and one chance to make an impact. What would I rather?