The Laughing House

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Needed: Life Investors

What are you leaving behind? My mother recently showed me several quilts my great-grandmother made. One of them is bright yellow with pink, blue, and green flowers. I love it! It is the cutest quilt ever! If my husband wasn't against bright yellow and and colorful flowers, I would decorate our entire room around this quilt!

Sometimes I wonder if my great-grandmother prayed for the people who curl up under the quilt. Did she know her great grand-daughter would love it and use it daily? Could she have known that 5 generations would enjoy her beautiful creation?

What are we doing daily that will make a lasting impact on those we love? When we are gone, what will our great-grandchildren hold in their hands and hearts that we leave behind?

3 things I want to leave for my great-grandchildren:
1. A deep love of Christ.
2. An attitude of joy and love for others.
3. A sincere and honest passion for icecream, I mean wisdom!!!!

We have a short time on this earth! Many of us aren't quilt makers, but we can be life investors!
Start today investing wisdom, values and morals, and a love for God in others. How? Share tips of wisdom in conversation. When God does something great in your life, tell those you love. Work together with your children or grandchildren to do something kind for someone else. Tell your family and friends, "I love you," and show them by giving them your time!

Decide today what you want to leave behind & make HUGE investments daily!

"With my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations." Ps 89:1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home