The Laughing House

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Rejected Recently?

Have you ever been rejected? A girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with you as a teen. A boss let you go. A group/clique denied your acceptance. Rejection hurts! It cuts deep into the heart and leaves you feeling worthless.

Tonight I heard a man say, "In this business you have to EMBRACE REJECTION." When I was selling Arbonne, I learned 5 "nos" from potential customers = 1 "yes." Anytime a customer said no, I marked a talley and thought, "I only need 4 more."

As Christians we are guaranteed that God causes all things to work together for good. Our rejections are part of God's plan. My husband worked for Shred-It, a document destruction company for many years. The day he went to bid on the Enron account, I begged for a "yes." If he landed the account, it could mean a GINORMOUS bonus, and that meant cha-ching! My husband got rejected. Enron turned him down and went with someone else. I must confess, I was a little upset with God. Didn't he know how much we could have used that "yes?"

God knew how great that yes would have been, but he knew how much better the no was. When Enron was under investigation and destroyed, I was so thankful for the no! God used the Enron rejection to protect my husband.

When rejection comes, embrace it. Know God is working all things together for good. You may not have to endure 4 rejections before you get the big yes, but EMBRACE the rejections that come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home