The Laughing House

Friday, October 09, 2009

Leave Your Luggage at the Airport

Has someone in your past hurt you? Maybe someone in your life hurts you daily. What happens to the hurt and pain when you lug it around for days, weeks, years? It's like carrying a suitcase through life. It gets heavier and heavier the farther we go.

Not only does the load get heavier but it changes. The hurt becomes anger, resentment, and sometimes hate. Those emotions start to build walls between you and other people until finally you isolate yourself as best you can from the person and from the pain you can't get over.

I read a scripture this week that I have read a hundred times, but God used it to free me from my baggage and tear down some walls.



"Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly reward for which God, through Jesus, is calling us." Phil 3:13-14.



When I read the verse, I decided at that moment to list on a piece of paper all the things in my past done that I was lugging around . I set the list on a table, and said, "God I can't forget these things. They constantly come to my mind. I know you want me to forget them, so I am giving them all to you right now. Please pluck each one from my mind and never let it return."


I learned this week, when you remove something from your life, something else will always replace it. Think about a smoker who quits and replaces cigarettes with food. It dawned on me that something would have to replace these thoughts or they would return.



I asked God to fill all the empty hurt places in my mind with trust in Him and love for the person who hurt me. It has been amazing, the transformation in my mind! Nobody else probably knows it, but I do! It feels so much better!



If you are carrying baggage, set it down. Leave your suitcase at the airport of God and don't let Satan try to return it. Remember, you can't do it on your own! But through Christ, you can do all things. Let Him take it away the pain and fill your mind peace, so you can run the race of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home