The Laughing House

Friday, September 25, 2009

How Do You Smell?

What do you smell like? What aroma are you putting off? Some mornings I go for a run while my family is still sleeping. They often times wake up to discover a stinky momma! After running several miles, I don't smell too good! Honestly, my aroma reeks!

On the other hand, what comes to your mind when you hear, "Cookies baking in the oven." Is your mouth watering? Can you smell that sweet aroma? Are you picturing chocolate chips melting in your mouth?

Paul described his life in 2 Cor. 2: 14-16 as a sweet life-giving perfume that spreads the knowledge of Jesus everywhere. As I read this I wondered, "What do people smell when they are around me? Am I a sweet perfume? Am I life-giving? Do I spread Jesus' love everywhere?"

People, like Paul, who are a sweet aroma of Christ are easy to spot. When you are around them, you experience joy, peace, forgivness, kindness, gentleness. They are encouraging and uplifting. They speak the truth, hold the door for strangers, or let someone else go first. They listen and are genuinely interested in you. When they speak, you hear them talk about what God is doing in their life. When you are around them, you experience LIFE, because they are life-giving!

What about you? How do you smell today? Are you giving life or draining others of joy and hope? After being around you do people smile, have hope, and know that God is faithful and Jesus loves them? If so, keep spreading that sweet smell. If not, try deodorant, it might help! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home