The Laughing House

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Are You Ready for Some Football

Are you ready for some football? My son is! He thrives on football practices, tackling, hitting, and game time. Each week after my son's football games the coaches receive a recording of the game. The coaches analyze the film to see how players can improve. Today when we were looking at the film with our son, I noticed something. We quickly recognized and responded to the poor plays and said little if anything about the hard hits and great runs. As we were discussing the game, his shoulders began to droop and he became frustrated.

It suddenly dawned on me, how would I feel if someone recorded me all day long and then analyzed and told me every wrong move I made? I probably would want to sock them in the kisser or quit.

This was a great reminder to me that it takes 10 positive comments to offset 1 negative! Are you a person of few negatives and abundant positives? The Bible says, "Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouth BUT ONLY WORDS USED TO BUILD OTHERS UP" Eph. 4:29. Check your words. Are they builders or destroyers? Make it a goal to pour 10 positive statements into the lives of those you love this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home