The Laughing House

Monday, December 16, 2013

What If Jesus Was Never Born?

What if Jesus was never born? Would there still be Christmas?

Tonight the worship ministry at our church led a Christmas production. One of the songs asked the question, "Would there still be Christmas if Jesus was never born?" I began to wonder...

If Jesus had never been born,
would there be Santa Claus
would we listen to Christmas carols
would we decorate Christmas trees
would we wrap gifts
would there be Christmas lights?

If Jesus had never been born,
would there be Christmas shopping
would people take vacation half the month of December
would Rudolph and Frosty exist
would we bake Christmas cookies
would Twas the Night Before Christmas be read?

It was so sad to think all of my thoughts centered around commercialized Christmas. All the things I thought might not exist, really don't matter. I realized I was looking at the answer to that question all wrong. So I wondered...

If Jesus had never been born,
Who would forgive me of my sins?
Would someone else have died for me?
How would I get to heaven?
How would I know how to live?
Would there be a light of the world?

If Jesus had never been born,
What would be the truth?
Who would be the way?
Who would be my hope?
In whose name would we pray?
How would I be redeemed?
Would I have faith?

I could go on and on wondering the what ifs but I'm so thankful that I have the truth. Jesus died for me to save me from a place called hell. Because he was born I have put all my hope, faith and trust in him. I have a purpose and way. I have a reason to live and life ABUNDANTLY. Because Jesus was born, I have a helper and guide. Because Jesus was born, I am loved forever.

If you're not sure the answer to the question, "Would there be Christmas if Jesus was never born?" the answer is no. There would be no carolers, cookies, or gift wrap. No lights, presents, or trees. But because He left heaven and came to us born in a lowly little manger...we have all we ever need...God with us, Emmanuel.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home