The Laughing House

Friday, June 10, 2016

God Works in Bathrooms

Have you ever had a random meeting with someone in the bathroom? A totally unexpected, God ordained meeting in the restroom? Maybe I should put it this way, do you believe God can do amazing miracles where people are "using it?"

Yesterday I was in Buccee's on my way home from Bryan, Texas. I was minding my own business drying my hands at the sink when I noticed a young girl about 20 with big crocodile tears running down her cheeks. I turned around and asked if she was okay. (Which, by the way, why do we ask that question? When people are crying, they are not okay.) She said she was okay and I wasn't sure what to ask next so I simply said, "Are you sad?" She replied, "No ma'am. I'm just frustrated."

The conversation continued and I discovered that her family lived in another state. She left home to get far away from them because as she said it,"They are bad, really bad." She moved to Texas, started college paying her own way, and was working at Buccees full-time to pay for school, apartment, basically her life.

When she arrived at work, her boss told her that she needed to change her hours or work part-time. She knew working part-time was not an option because she had to afford to live and with her schedule she could not work the hours he needed. She was devastated and frustrated. She had no idea what she was going to do.

I asked if she knew Jesus. She did. We talked about how he loves her and he is the one who could take care of everything for her. She smiled and said, "Thank you." We prayed together in the bathroom at Buccee's and she gave me her number.

That evening I sent her a text with my favorite "40 I Ams" to say every morning and before she went to bed. She immediately replied and said that after we prayed, her boss told her he had thought about their conversation and realized what a hard worker she has been, how she offered to work extra shifts, she hadn't been absent and he decided how valuable she is. He thanked her and told her not to worry about anything that her hours could stay the same.

I was so happy for her but what stirred my heart the most were the next two lines in the text.
"Instantly I thought of my God! All it took was a little prayer. You came to me at a very vulnerable time in my life when I was losing my faith and I believe God sent you to make sure that didn't happen."

Wait what? God sent me to her in the bathroom at Buccees to make sure she didn't loose her faith in him? YESSSSSS!!!! That's how our God works. He works in bathrooms, grocery stores, parks, gyms. Wherever his children are, he is there working. Don't miss him!

Have you missed seeing the awesome display of his power through you or to you through other people because you weren't looking, too busy, or didn't care. Frankly, get your eyes off yourself and this stinky world. Look around at people and see YOUR God at work. I don't know about you, but I don't want to miss God. No matter where he is or what he's doing, I say, "Here I am, Lord, bathrooms and all, use me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home